To learn to to wingfoil safely, it is important to follow the instructions of a qualified professional. By following the advice of an expert, you will be able to master this aerial gliding activity and take full advantage of this sport.
If you want to learn on your own, we recommend a set of accessories in the event of an accident at sea. Safety in all sports is one of the first rules that you must set yourself.
1. Equipment to learn how to wingfoil safely
The flotation vest:
The flotation vest is an essential element of nautical safety, especially if you cannot swim. It keeps you on the surface of the water and helps you stay safe. Be sure to educate yourself about the different types of life jackets before you go on a trip, so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
Flotation vests have evolved with the practice of multiple water sports requiring a certain freedom of movement. The new models are both practical (integrated waterproof pocket) and elegant (we are far from the red vest of the 1980s)
Whether it’s for your wingfoil board or your wing a leash is essential during any activity at sea. Imagine your new wing flying off into the open sea without being able to do anything. And the same goes for the board.
A helmet for nautical sports
There are different types of helmets for nautical sports, such as surf helmets, kitesurf helmets and wakeboard helmets. These helmets are designed to protect the heads of athletes when practicing their respective sports. They are usually made from elastic and impact-resistant materials to minimize the risk of injury.
Sun cream :
It might not be on our list and yet how often do we get sunburned after a good afternoon at sea! Always take care of yourself to enjoy more!. Don’t forget the after-sun creams that moisturize your skin at the end of the day. There are also aloe vera gels which have the advantage of giving a very pleasant cold sensation.
A connected watch
Today the connected watches for Surfing, Kitesurfing, Wingfoil have many features allowing you a greater degree of comfort and safety. On many models you have a GPS system to find out your position, notify the emergency services in the event of a problem, notify you of your sun exposure time. Certainly the price is not the cheapest, however, in view of what it can bring you, it is a good investment.
2. Best practices for learning to wingfoil safely
Here are some tips for to wingfoil safely :
- Make sure you have enough skills before embarking on the wingfoil. It is important to master the basics of windsurfing or kitesurfing before moving on to wingfoil.
- Use proper safety equipment. It is essential to wear a life jacket and a helmet to protect your head in the event of a fall. It is also recommended to wear a harness to reduce the risk of back injury.
- Learn to use the bar command before you get into the water. The control bar is the main tool for controlling the kite and it is important to understand how it works before you get in the water.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Be aware of other water users and possible obstacles such as rocks or boats.
- Start with moderate wind and wave conditions. It’s important to start with conditions that are appropriate for your skill level and gradually increase the difficulty.
- Get help from experienced people. If possible, bring experienced people with you who can give you advice and help you if needed.
- Do regular safety drills. It is important to stay in good physical shape and know how to handle an emergency situation, such as getting out of the wing quickly or signaling to a companion or rescue in the event of an incident.
- Read and follow applicable regulations. Each spot has particular rules to practice the wingfoil, it is therefore important to know them before starting.
frequently asked Questions
Où faire du Wing foil en Loire-atlantique ?
Si vous voulez faire du wing foil en Loire-Atlantique, vous pouvez aller à l’île de Noirmoutier. C’est un endroit idéal pour pratiquer ce sport, car il y a beaucoup de vent et de grandes vagues. Vous pouvez également vous rendre à Pornichet, où vous trouverez de nombreuses plages spécialement aménagées pour le wing foil.
Où faire du Wing Foil à Marseille ?
Il y a plusieurs endroits où l’on peut faire du wing foil à Marseille. La plage de Bonneveine est un bon endroit pour les débutants, car il y a peu de vagues. La plage de l’Estaque est également un bon endroit pour faire du wing foil, car il y a plus de vagues et de vent.